The 50-acre Millworx location under development in Post Falls will include a 60-unit mixed apartment building (with commercial space on the ground floor), a 61-unit single townhome-style neighborhood, a former warehouse to be renovated into a restaurant or brewery, a duel-branded hotel and a Kindred & Co. bookstore and bistro.
Named Millworx because the location formerly was the home of the Idaho Veneer Mill, the area is primarily between Fourth Avenue and I-90 and connects to Idaho Street on the middle north of the project.
Opening in mid-2023, Kindred & Co. will be two stories with a rooftop space. The bistro section will start with a small-bite and beverage menu.
The main contact person for commercial interests is Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Real Estate. Phone 208-691-6003. Email [email protected] Check www.millworxcommunity.com.
Advanced Personal Protection expands
Offering a wide range of personal protection gear, Advanced Personal Protection Specialists has a new location in Suite L at 3700 Government Way.
In Hayden by appointment only for eight years, owners Danny and Sherry Caballero help everyday adventurers, law enforcement and first responders with left-handed firearms, medical kits, softbody armor and conceal-carry purses.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 10 to 5 Saturdays. Phone 208-772-6407. Check www.idweapons.com.
Toro Viejo & Barracho reopens on Second Street
Closed because of the pandemic, Toro Viejo & Barracho has reopened at 117 N. Second St.
With traditional Mexican food and beverages with a variety of seating and interesting decor, owner Ruben Brisemo opened the restaurant 30 years ago.
With a menu limited while hiring, hours are 3-8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 3-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The Barracho room is open, and the Viejo room will open soon. Phone 208-930-4214. Check www.toroviejo.com.
Black Sheep grand opening ends today
The Black Sheep Sporting Goods store has celebrated its grand opening in Silver Lake Mall this weekend.
The fun-filled activities included live music, giveaways and special guest appearances of industry professionals with the Theresa Edwards Band 1-5 p.m. today.
Now the Tidbits
- CDA Idaho Clothing Co. will expand from its current location at the northeast entry of the Plaza Shops building into the former Grace & Joy space.
- The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue, would be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
- Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
- St. Joseph’s Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy Clinic will have a new building at 849 N. Syringa, Post Falls.
- Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
- EJC Billiards is new at 6235 N. Sunshine St.
- Post Falls RV Campground is under construction at 70 W. Cabelas Way between the Cabela’s store and State Line Walmart in The Pointe at Post Falls.
- Many of the 16 commercial lots are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center on the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A burger place and cosmetic salon will be in the new building at Fourth and Lakeside.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was at Fourth and Best.
- Literary Souls Used Books is moving to Ste. F at 205 E. Seltice Way.
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden says “Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic.”
- A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
- The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
- Consign Furniture has a “coming soon” sign southwest of the U.S. 95-Lancaster Road intersection..
- An Express Exterior Carwash is being built in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Watch for construction in the northwest corner of Government Way and Hayden Ave.
- Club Pilates will be in Hayden Design Center at 9235 Government Way.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi’s quick-service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- Watch for construction of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D’s Eatery off Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
- A Grease Monkey auto place will be at the Crossings in Athol.
- Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi’s Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Retro Arcade on Wheels game truck details will be here soon.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St., in Post Falls.
- The CD’A Corner Store is adding a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Coeur d’Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off U.S. 95.
- The Post Falls Pavillion food truck court will be near the Highway 41 and Horsehaven intersection.
- Some of my favorites: The “…ward” words don’t have an “s.” “Farther” means away from and “further” means more, and “exact same” is redundant.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at [email protected]